Since its establishment in 1989, PSP has become the focus of significant investments from the public and private sector as well as companies abroad
This has been done through creating a community “Eco-system” both in site and its wider vicinity that brings together the vital ingredients necessary for the small enterprises to survive and succeed
Whether you plan to begin a start-up / spin-out or you are an established company, PSP and the area has something to offer.
PSP has over 15 years experience and record of achievements in business incubation, and is considered to be a national leader in the field. We work to cultivate highly positive relationships with the University and the Research Community, and we are engaged with other organizations in the area, researchers, entrepreneurs, business people, financial institutions, advisors and investors to achieve our goals.
As a PSP tenant, you can:
- Test you business idea and refine your working model at lower risk, gaining from our low cost and infrastructure provided. Our tenants find they can concentrate on their business and be separated from city noise or personal home life
- Try business as a career option or join around an existing job
- Be part of a supportive business and academic community, helping you remaining motivated, learning new business skills and information
- Gain Credibility. Patras is a major national economic, social and cultural centre
- Experience working with young scientists at a lower cost
- Enjoy full access to the University and Research Centre’s facilities, networks, technology transfer unit
- Get guidance to IP protection rights and licensing
- Access and submit proposals in multi-partner projects involving independent companies, academic units and governmental departments or public authorities
- Benefit from clustering initiatives
- Associate with governmental authorities
- Work with the IASP (International Association of Science Parks) network to match opportunities in other countries and STPs (Science and Technology Parks)
An easy‑to‑reach location combined with world class science and research, makes Patras and PSP a challenging location for your accommodation and collaboration. Patras is a Dynamic and cultural city reinventing herself as it expands and develops. It is the third largest economic centre in the country after Athens and Thessaloniki and the west gate, connecting Greece with Italy and EU.
PSP is in the center of the Academic and Research Pole, only 20 minutes from the city centre.
During the next four years, a high speed train and modern motorway will connect Patras to Athens reducing today’s distance to approximately one and a half hour. There is also Araxos International Airport which is expected in due course to become privatized and function on a continuous basis. Patras has a long industrial and commercial history, serving some large multinationals like Titan Cement, Coca-Cola HBC, Frigoglass, Friesland, Resilux, Athenian Brewery coupled with strong local brands as Loux beverages, El-Pack Packaging, Ideal Bikes, Kepenos Flour Mills.
Within short distance from the Ancient cultural centres of Olympia and Delphi, Patras has also excellent connectivity with Ionian Islands, West Coast and Mountainous inland of Peloponnesus, acting as the regional centre for leisure and city-breaks.